Lab technicians play a crucial role in the healthcare industry, as well as in research and development. They are responsible for conducting laboratory tests, analyzing samples, and maintaining laboratory equipment. A lab technician course prepares individuals for a career in this field, providing them with the knowledge and skills necessary to perform their duties effectively.
Download Virohan myCareer App for DMLT Courses
Lab Technician Course Highlights
|Course Name||Lab Technician|
|Course Eligibility||Passed 12th with Minimum 50% Marks|
|Course Duration||6 Months to 3 Years Depending upon the Course|
|Course Fees||Ranges from INR 10,000 to INR 4 LPA Depending on the Course|
|Available Jobs||Govt & private hospitals, Nursing homes, Diagnostic centers etc.|
A lab technician is a trained professional who works in a laboratory setting, performing various tests and procedures to support scientists, physicians, and other healthcare professionals. They use their technical expertise and attention to detail to ensure the accuracy of results, which are then used to diagnose and treat patients or support further scientific research.
Also Read: Medical Lab Technician
The roles and responsibilities of a lab technician vary depending on the specific laboratory in which they work, but some common duties include:
- Conducting laboratory tests on various biological and chemical samples.
- Analyzing test results and recording data accurately.
- Maintaining and repairing laboratory equipment.
- Ensuring that laboratory procedures are followed correctly and safely.
- Keeping detailed records of test results and procedures.
- Collaborating with other lab technicians and healthcare professionals to analyze results and make decisions.
Lab technicians also have a responsibility to adhere to strict safety procedures, as they work with potentially hazardous materials on a daily basis. They must have a solid understanding of laboratory procedures, as well as the ability to accurately interpret and communicate results.
Checkout Lab Saftey Rules for Medical Lab Technician
For those who are interested in pursuing a career in the healthcare or scientific research field, a lab technician course may be the perfect option. Lab technicians play a crucial role in conducting laboratory tests, analyzing samples, and supporting medical professionals and scientists in their work.
If you've recently completed 12th standard and are looking for a career path that combines technical skills and hands-on work, consider pursuing a lab technician course. Here's what you need to know about the different courses available after 12th standard.
1. Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology (DMLT)
DMLT Course is a popular option for individuals looking to start their careers as lab technicians. The course lasts for one year and covers topics such as anatomy and physiology, laboratory procedures, and instrumentation. After completing the course, students will be well-prepared to work in a clinical laboratory setting, conducting tests and analyzing results.
- Duration: 1 Year
- Eligibility: Passed 10+2 with minimum 50% marks. Some paramedical institute takes entrance exam but some institute like VIROHAN, no entrance exam required, even students from any stream can take admission in this
- Fees: INR 66,000
Also Read: B Voc MLT Course
2. Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Technology (BMLT)
For those who wish to further their education, a BMLT degree may be the right choice. This three-year course covers more advanced topics in laboratory science, as well as hands-on training in various laboratory procedures. Graduates of a BMLT program will have a deeper understanding of the field and will be well-equipped to take on more complex responsibilities in their careers.
- Duration: 3 Year
- Eligibility: Passed 10+2 with minimum 50% marks
- Fees: Ranges from INR 10,000 to 4 lakhs per annum
3. Short-term Certificate Courses
For individuals who are looking for a more focused education, short-term certificate courses are also available. These courses typically last for a few months and cover specific areas of laboratory technology, such as hematology or microbiology. These courses are ideal for those who are already working in the field and are looking to upgrade their skills, or for individuals who want to gain a specialized knowledge in a specific area.
No matter which course you choose, a lab technician course after 12th standard provides individuals with the knowledge and skills necessary to start a rewarding career in the healthcare or scientific research field. With the right training and education, you'll be well-equipped to make a real impact and contribute to important work in your community.
- Duration: 6 Months
- Eligibility: Passed 10+2
- Fees: Range from INR 22000 to INR 50000 depending on the course you choose
Also Read: Short Term Courses in Medical Field
1. Anatomy and Physiology
2. Laboratory Procedures
- Clinical Pathology
4. Laboratory Management and Quality Control
5. Clinical Microbiology and Parasitology
6. Blood Banking and Transfusion Techniques
7. Medical Terminology and Record Keeping
8. Safety and Ethical Considerations in the Laboratory
9. Clinical Practicum/Internship.
Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology (DMLT): The fees for a DMLT course can range from INR 50,000 to INR 1,00,000, depending on the institution.
Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Technology (BMLT): The fees for a BMLT course can range from INR 50,000 to INR 3,00,000, depending on the institution.
Master of Science in Medical Laboratory Technology (MMLT): The fees for an MMLT course can range from INR 50,000 to INR 2,00,000, depending on the institution.
Certificate courses in Medical Laboratory Technology (CMLT): The fees for a CMLT course can range from INR 10,000 to INR 50,000, depending on the institution.
Also Read: Unique Courses after 12th Science
A laboratory technician is a professional who assists in conducting experiments, analyzing data, and maintaining laboratory equipment. They work in a variety of settings including research institutions, pharmaceutical companies, medical laboratories, and universities. Job opportunities for lab technicians can be found in the following fields:
- Medical Laboratories: Medical laboratory technicians perform diagnostic tests, analyze samples, and provide results to physicians to aid in the diagnosis and treatment of patients.
- Pharmaceutical Industry: Lab technicians in the pharmaceutical industry assist in the development and testing of new drugs and medications.
- Research Laboratories: Research lab technicians support scientists in conducting experiments and collecting data in various fields such as biology, chemistry, and physics.
- Biotechnology: Lab technicians in biotechnology work on projects that involve genetic engineering, molecular biology, and biochemistry.
- Environmental Science: Lab technicians in environmental science analyze environmental samples to determine the presence of pollutants and help in the development of environmental policies.
Checkout Diploma Courses after 12th
Lab technicians play a critical role in the healthcare and scientific research industries, and they can expect to earn a competitive salary for their important work. The exact salary of a lab technician will depend on a number of factors, including the type of laboratory, the location, and the years of experience.
|Job Role||Average Salary|
|Lab Technician||INR 2 LPA to INR 4 LPA|
|Clinical Laboratory Technologist||INR 2.5 LPA to INR 7 LPA|
|Medical Laboratory Technician||INR 2 LPA to INR 4 LPA|
|Biomedical Equipment Technician||INR 2 LPA to INR 7 LPA|
Also Read: Courses after 12th Science Biology