DMLT Course: Admission, Eligibility, Jobs and Salary after 12th
|DMLT Course Full Form
|Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology
|DMLT Course Duration
|DMLT Course Eligibility
|Candidates must have passed 10+2 with minimum 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology as mandatory subjects
|DMLT Course Average Annual Fees
|INR 20,000 to INR 2,00,000
|DMLT Course Job Profiles
|Medical Laboratory Technician, Phlebotomist, Academic Trainer, etc.
|DMLT Course Average Annual Salary
|INR 1.5 to 4.5 lakhs
Also Read: Paramedical Courses
DMLT Course, one of the top paramedical courses, is a one to two year diploma program. DMLT course focuses on providing students with the necessary skills and knowledge to work as medical laboratory technicians. The DMLT course curriculum includes theoretical and practical training in various laboratory techniques and procedures across multiple disciplines such as microbiology, biochemistry, clinical pathology, serology, and haematology.
The DMLT course curriculum includes theoretical and practical components, with students gaining hands-on experience in laboratory settings through internships and practical training.
Checkout Some Popular B Voc Course List
Pursuing the DMLT course after 12th can be a smart career choice for students who are interested in the healthcare sector. Here are some of the key reasons:
Growing demand for medical laboratory technicians:
With the increasing prevalence of diseases and a growing emphasis on preventive healthcare, there is a high demand for skilled medical laboratory technicians who can perform diagnostic tests accurately and efficiently. Pursuing the DMLT course after 12th can provide students with the necessary knowledge and practical training to meet this demand.
Short course duration:
The DMLT course is a relatively short-term course, typically spanning 1-2 years. This makes it an attractive option for students who want to start their careers in the healthcare sector without spending several years on education and training.
Good career prospects:
MLT is one of the fastest-growing fields across the globe in the healthcare area. The number of students opting the DMLT course can find a range of job profiles such as medical laboratory technicians, laboratory supervisors, laboratory managers, etc.
They can find jobs in various work settings such as in hospitals, clinics, research institutes, and diagnostic laboratories.
Opportunity to work in the healthcare sector:
The healthcare sector is one of the most critical and rapidly growing sectors globally. Pursuing the DMLT course after 12th can provide students with an opportunity to work in this sector and make a meaningful contribution to society.
Also Read: OT Technician Course
To secure admission in DMLT course, specific prerequisites must be met.
DMLT course qualification or eligibility may vary depending upon the college or university offering the course, but here are some general requirements that are common across most institutions or universities in India:
Educational Qualifications: Candidates must have completed their higher secondary education (10+2) from a recognized board of education. They should have studied physics, chemistry, and biology as mandatory subjects.
Minimum Marks: Candidates are typically required to have a minimum aggregate percentage of 50% in their 10+2 examinations.
Are you from a non-science background such as arts or commerce and want to enter the healthcare sector? Do not worry, not all institutions require a background in science for enrollment in DMLT course. Virohan Institute welcomes students from any academic stream to apply for admission in its diverse paramedical programs such as DMLT. Further, Virohan's courses incorporate 50% of the total duration as industry internships, providing students the chance to gain practical experience with leading healthcare organisations.
The DMLT course fees can vary depending on the institute, location, and facilities provided. On average, the DMLT course fees in India can range from INR 20,000 to INR 2,00,000 per annum.
Government colleges and institutes may have lower fees compared to private institutions.
|INR 20,000 to 50,000
|INR 1,00,000 to 2,00,000
Note - Different institutions may have different fees structure for their DMLT course, so please make sure you refer to their details at the time of application.
Also Read: Emergency Medical Technician
DMLT course subjects or syllabus may vary slightly depending on the institute offering the course. However, here is a general outline of the topics covered in the DMLT course:
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Fundamentals of Medical Laboratory Techniques and Procedures
- Medical Terminology
- Basics of Clinical Biochemistry
- Basic Human Science
- Basic Clinical Pathology
- Medical Laboratory Management
- Medical Law and Ethics
- Immunology and Serology
- Blood Banking and Transfusion Medicine
- Histopathology and Cytology
- Clinical Haematology
- Clinical Pathology
- Clinical Diagnostic Microbiology
- Clinical Biochemistry
- Molecular Biology
- Clinical Research Methodology
- Instrumentation and Automation in Clinical Laboratory
Apart from the above subjects, students may also undergo practical training in various laboratory techniques and procedures. This hands-on experience allows students to effectively apply their theoretical knowledge in their workplace such as a laboratory. The practical training will help students to apply theoretical knowledge in a real-world laboratory setting.
Here are some well-known colleges and institutes in India that offer the Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology (DMLT) course:
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi
- University of Mumbai
- Virohan Institute of Health & Management Sciences (VIHMS), Pan India
- Delhi Institute of Technology and Paramedical Sciences
- Delhi Paramedical and Management Institute
- Dinabandhu Andrews Institute of Technology and Management, Kolkata
- ITM - Institute of Health Sciences
- Christian Medical College (CMC), Vellore
- Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune
- Apollo Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, Hyderabad
- Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Kochi
- Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Varanasi
- Kasturba Medical College (KMC), Manipal
- Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER), Puducherry
- Madras Medical College, Chennai
- Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh
A Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology (DMLT) opens up a range of career opportunities in the field of healthcare and diagnostics. Here's an overview of the scope and career options for individuals with a DMLT:
- Medical Laboratories
- Hospitals and Clinics
- Diagnostic Centers
- Research Laboratories
- Blood Banks
- Pharmaceutical Companies
- Academic Institutions
- Public Health Agencies
DMLT Course Scope:
DMLT professionals are essential in the healthcare system, contributing to disease diagnosis, prevention, and research.
- As technology advances, the demand for skilled laboratory technicians continues to grow.
- Some of the job profiles for students after completing DMLT course include medical lab technicians, phlebotomists, academic trainers, etc.
DMLT Professionals Career Advancement:
- With experience, DMLT professionals can pursue advanced degrees for career growth.
- Specialising in areas like microbiology, biochemistry, or pathology can enhance career prospects.
One of the nation’s best paramedical institutes, Virohan Institute has a placement partner network of over 1100 organisations where its alumni are working.
Virohan aims to provide an empowering career path to aspiring DMLT students, by helping them enhance their work profiles through necessary skill-building, and providing internships as part of their course along with placement support within its network.
Also Read: OT Technician Course
The salary of medical lab technicians in India depends on the education, experience and skills of the individual as well as size and location of the company. The salary of a medical lab technician after completing a DMLT course is stated below:
- Trainee-level medical lab technicians have the option to directly join laboratories or hospitals.
- Monthly earnings typically range from INR 10,000 to INR 20,000.
- Government organisations for medical lab technicians are considered model
- employers with salaries ranging from Rs. 30,000 to Rs. 40,000 per month.
Leading Hospitals and Laboratories:
- Top hospitals and laboratories across the country offer a comparable salary range.
- Senior medical lab technicians in these institutions can earn upwards of Rs. 40,000 monthly.
- Many employers provide healthcare benefits and various allowances to enhance the overall compensation package for their employees.
Also Read: Hospital Administration Course
Here are some courses that can be pursued after completing DMLT course:
|Medical Laboratory Technology (MLT) Courses
|Advanced Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology (ADMLT)
|Bachelor of Vocation in Medical Laboratory Technology (B.Voc. MLT)
|Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Technology (BMLT)
|Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Medical Laboratory Technology
|Master of Medical Laboratory Technology (MMLT)
|Certificate courses in specialised areas of laboratory technology (such as in histopathology, cytology, blood banking, and immunology)
|1-2 years (Depending on the area in which specialisation is being done)
These courses provide opportunities for DMLT course graduates to advance their knowledge and skills in specialised areas of medical laboratory technology and healthcare management.
In summary, pursuing a DMLT course after 12th or graduation can provide students with a rewarding career in the healthcare industry. It is an excellent option for students who are interested in healthcare and have a passion for diagnostics and other laboratory work.
What Is the full form Of DMLT?
What are the subjects taught in DMLT?
What is the qualification o to pursue DMLT?
What is the expected salary after completing DMLT course?
What are the career opportunities after completing DMLT course?
Can I apply for government jobs after completing the DMLT course?
Can I pursue DMLT course after completing class 10th?
Is Neet required to pursue DMLT course?
Is a DMLT graduate a doctor?
Can I open a lab after completing the DMLT course?
Why should I choose Virohan for the DMLT course?
to receive awesome content in your inbox,
We will get back to you in 2-3 days.