If you're planning to take the JIPMER entrance exam in 2023, you'll want to be well-prepared for the exam pattern. The Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) is one of the most prestigious medical institutes in India, and its entrance exam is highly competitive. To succeed in the exam, you'll need to have a solid understanding of the exam pattern, including the types of questions asked, the exam duration, and the marking scheme.
In this blog post, we'll take an in-depth look at the JIPMER exam pattern for 2023, including the latest updates and changes. We'll explore the different sections of the exam, the number of questions, the exam duration, and the marking scheme. We'll also provide some tips and strategies for how to prepare for the exam, so you can give yourself the best chance of success.
Check Here to Know More JIPMER Application Form 2023 Out
|Conducting Body||JIPMER MBBS replaced by NEET, conducted by NTA|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Exam Duration||2 hours 30 Minitus|
|Types of Question||MCQ|
One of the critical aspects of preparing for the JIPMER exam is to understand its pattern thoroughly. The JIPMER exam pattern outlines the structure and format of the exam, including the types of questions, duration, and marking scheme. We'll break down the exam pattern into various sections and provide a table that summarizes the important details.
|Section||Number of Question|
|Logical and Quantitative Reasoning||10|
- The JIPMER entrance exam consists of 200 multiple-choice questions.
- The questions are divided into five sections: Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English Language and Comprehension, and Logical and Quantitative Reasoning.
- Each section has a different number of questions: Physics, Chemistry, and Biology have 60 questions each, while English Language and Comprehension and Logical and Quantitative Reasoning have 10 questions each.
- The total duration of the exam is 2 hours and 30 minutes.
Checkout Entrance Exam Preparation Tips and Tricks:
- JIPMER Exam Preparation Tips
- NEET Exam Preparation Tips
- CUET Exam Preparation Tips
- CLAT Exam Preparation Tips
The marking scheme for the JIPMER entrance exam is designed to encourage accuracy and penalize guessing. Here's how it works:
- Each question in the exam carries 4 marks.
- For each correct answer, candidates will be awarded 4 marks.
- For each incorrect answer, 1 mark will be deducted from the total score.
- There is no negative marking for unanswered questions.
- Candidates will neither gain nor lose any marks if they leave a question unanswered.
- If a candidate selects more than one answer for a single question, it will be considered an incorrect answer and 1 mark will be deducted.
- If a question is found to be incorrect or ambiguous, the exam conducting authority may decide to award marks to all candidates, regardless of whether they attempted the question or not.
It's important to note that the JIPMER exam is highly competitive, and candidates need to aim for a high level of accuracy to qualify for the exam. Guessing blindly may result in a significant loss of marks, which can impact the final score. Therefore, it's advisable for candidates to attempt only those questions for which they are sure of the answer, and leave the rest unanswered if they are unsure. By adopting a strategic approach to the exam, candidates can maximize their chances of success and secure admission to one of India's most prestigious medical institutes.
Also Read: NEET Exam Pattern
The JIPMER entrance exam for 2023 is a comprehensive exam that tests candidates' knowledge in five subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English Language and Comprehension, and Logical and Quantitative Reasoning. The syllabus for each subject is as follows:
- Physical world and measurement
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Electronic Devices
- Communication Systems
- Basic concepts in Chemistry
- States of Matter
- Atomic Structure
- Chemical Bonding
- Redox Reactions and Electrochemistry
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
- s-block Elements
- p-block Elements
- d-block and f-block Elements
- Coordination Compounds
- Basic Organic Chemistry
- Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- Alcohols, Phenols, and Ethers
- Aldehydes, Ketones, and Carboxylic Acids
- Organic Compounds containing Nitrogen
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Diversity of Living Organisms
- Cell Structure and Function
- Human Physiology
- Plant Physiology
- Genetics and Evolution
- Ecology and Environment
English Language and Comprehension:
- Reading Comprehension
- Grammar etc.
Logical and Quantitative Reasoning:
- Analytical and Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative Reasoning
- Verbal Reasoning etc.
It's important for candidates to have a thorough understanding of the JIPMER syllabus and to focus their preparation on the topics that are covered in the exam. By studying each subject carefully and practicing sample questions, candidates can build the knowledge and skills they need to excel on the exam and secure admission to JIPMER.
JIPMER is one of the most prestigious medical entrance exams in India, and the competition is quite high. The exam pattern usually comprises multiple-choice questions covering topics such as Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Logical reasoning, and English language and comprehension. Aspirants must have a clear understanding of the exam pattern and syllabus, and they should practice solving previous year papers and mock tests to enhance their skills and boost their confidence.
It is crucial for aspirants to keep themselves updated with the latest information regarding JIPMER exam pattern 2023 and prepare accordingly to crack the exam with flying colors.
Checkout Other Important Entrance Exams:
JIPMER Exam Pattern FAQ's
What is JIPMER?
When will the JIPMER entrance exam be conducted in 2023?
What is the exam pattern for the JIPMER entrance exam?
What is the marking scheme for the JIPMER entrance exam?
Is there any negative marking for unanswered questions in the JIPMER entrance exam?