CLAT Preparation Tips (2023): How to Prepare for the Exam?
The Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is a national-level entrance exam for admission into some of the most prestigious law colleges in India. Every year, thousands of students from across the country appear for this exam to pursue their dreams of becoming a lawyer.
But cracking the CLAT exam is not an easy feat. With tough competition and a vast syllabus to cover, it can be overwhelming for students to know where to start. This is why it's important to have a well-planned and structured study plan in place.
In this blog post, we'll guide you through the entire process of preparing for the CLAT exam, from understanding the exam pattern and syllabus to providing tips and tricks for effective preparation. Whether you're a first-time test taker or looking to improve your score, this guide will help you prepare for the CLAT exam with confidence. So, let's get started!
|Exam Mode||Online (Computer-Based Test)|
|Types of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ's)|
|Number of Question||150|
|Exam Duration||2 hours|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark for each correct answer, and a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer|
- English Language (28-32 questions)
- General Knowledge & Current Affairs (35-39 questions)
- Legal Reasoning (35-39 questions)
- Logical Reasoning (28-32 questions)
- Quantitative Techniques (13-17 questions)
Note: The number of questions in each section is indicative and may vary from year to year. It is advisable to check the official CLAT website for the latest exam pattern.
1. Understand the Exam Pattern and Syllabus: The first step towards preparing for the CLAT exam is to understand the exam pattern and syllabus thoroughly. This will help you plan your preparation strategy better.
2. Create a Study Plan: Once you know the exam pattern and syllabus, create a study plan that suits your needs and requirements. Allocate sufficient time to each section of the exam and stick to the plan as much as possible.
3. Practice Mock Tests: Practice mock tests regularly to get a feel of the actual exam. This will help you identify your strengths and weaknesses and work on them accordingly.
4. Read Newspaper Regularly: Current affairs play a crucial role in the CLAT exam. Make it a habit to read newspapers and magazines regularly to stay updated with the latest news and events.
5. Take Notes: While studying, make sure to take notes of important concepts and formulas. This will help you revise the topics quickly and easily.
6. Solve Previous Year Papers: Solving previous year's papers will give you an idea of the type of questions asked in the exam and help you understand the exam pattern better.
7. Join Coaching Classes: If you feel you need extra guidance, consider joining coaching classes for the CLAT exam. They provide expert guidance and tips to help you prepare better.
8.Stay Calm and Confident: Lastly, it is important to stay calm and confident while preparing for the CLAT exam. Take breaks when necessary, and avoid burning out. Stay positive and motivated throughout the preparation phase.
Checkout other Entrance Exam Tips and Tricks:
Best Books for CLAT 2024 Quantitative Techniques
- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic- Arihant Publications
- 30 days wonder for Maths- S Chand
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations- Pearson's
- Quantitative Aptitude- RS Aggarwal
Best Books for CLAT 2024 Logical Reasoning
- A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning- RS Aggarwal
- Verbal Reasoning- RS Aggarwal
- Analytical Reasoning (English)- MK Pandey
- Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning- RS Aggarwal
- A New Approach to Verbal and Analytical Reasoning- Arihant
Best Books for CLAT 2024 for Legal Reasoning
- Legal Awareness and Legal Reasoning- Pearson
- Legal Aptitude and Legal Reasoning - A P Bhardwaj
- Objective Legal Aptitude - RS Aggarwal
Checkout other Entrance Exam Information
How early should I start preparing for the CLAT exam?
What is the best way to start preparing for the CLAT exam?
How important is mock test practice for CLAT preparation?
How many hours should I study every day for CLAT preparation?
to receive awesome content in your inbox,
We will get back to you in 2-3 days.