If you're planning on pursuing a career in medicine, then you're probably familiar with the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). NEET is the entrance exam that all aspiring medical students in India must take in order to gain admission to medical and dental colleges across the country.
Every year, NEET undergoes changes to its exam pattern and syllabus. Aspiring medical students must stay up-to-date with the latest changes in order to prepare themselves adequately for the exam. In this blog post, we will discuss the NEET exam pattern for 2023, including changes that have been made to the exam, what to expect on exam day, and tips for preparing for the test. So if you're planning to take the NEET exam in 2023, read on to learn all you need to know about the exam pattern.
Download Virohan myCareer App for Paramedical Courses
|No. of Question||200 Question|
|Exam Mode||Offline (Pen and Paper Test)|
|Exam Duration||The exam duration is 200 minutes (3 hours 20 minutes)|
|Subjects||Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (Botany & Zoology)|
|Language||The question paper is asked in 13 languages English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Malayalam, Kannada, Marathi, Odia, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu, and Punjabi|
|Marking Scheme||4 marks are awarded for each correct answer.|
|Negative Marking||1 mark is deducted for each wrong answer|
NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) is an important exam for students who wish to pursue undergraduate medical and dental courses in India. The NEET paper pattern is designed to test the candidates' knowledge and skills in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
|Subject||Section||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
|B||15 (out of which 10 is compulsory)||40|
|B||15 (out of which 10 is compulsory)||40|
|B||15 (out of which 10 is compulsory)||40|
|Total||200 (out of which 180 are compulsory)||720|
Checkout Paramedical Courses without NEET
NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) is a highly competitive exam for students who wish to pursue undergraduate medical and dental courses in India. The NEET question paper pattern is designed to test the candidates' knowledge and skills in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
The NEET question paper is designed to test the candidates' understanding of the concepts, their ability to apply the concepts, and their problem-solving skills. The questions are asked in a way that tests the candidates' ability to apply the knowledge of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology to solve real-life problems.
The NEET question paper is available in multiple languages, including English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Marathi, Odia, Tamil, Telugu, and Urdu. However, the question paper is the same in all languages.
- NEET-UG 2023 will consist of a total of 180 multiple-choice questions (MCQs) divided into three sections: Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- Each correct answer will be awarded 4 marks.
- For each incorrect answer, 1 mark will be deducted from the total score.
- No marks will be awarded or deducted for unattempted questions.
- The maximum marks that can be obtained in NEET-UG 2023 are 720 (180 questions x 4 marks per question).
- Candidates should be careful while attempting questions as incorrect answers will result in negative marking, which can significantly lower their overall score.
- To maximize their score, candidates should attempt only those questions they are confident about and avoid guessing blindly.
- Candidates should practice mock tests and previous years' question papers to get an idea of the types of questions asked in the exam and to develop their time management skills.
- It is also important for candidates to keep track of the time and ensure that they answer all questions within the allotted time frame.
Checkout Preparation Tips and Tricks for Entrance Exam:
NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) is a highly competitive exam for students who wish to pursue undergraduate medical and dental courses in India. The NEET exam is designed to test the candidates' knowledge and skills in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. One important aspect of the NEET exam that candidates should be aware of is negative marking.
Negative marking is a system in which marks are deducted for incorrect answers. In the NEET exam, each correct answer is awarded 4 marks, while one mark is deducted for each incorrect answer. There is no negative marking for unattempted questions.
It is important for candidates to keep in mind the negative marking scheme while answering questions in the NEET exam. Blindly guessing the answer to a question can lead to negative marking, which can lower the overall score. Candidates should attempt only those questions for which they are confident of the answer.
- Use a black or blue ballpoint pen to fill in the circles on the OMR sheet. Pencils or other colored pens should not be used.
- Make sure to fill the circles completely, without any stray marks or smudges. Incomplete or poorly filled circles may not be read by the machine, which can result in a lower score.
- Do not make any stray marks or write anything outside the designated area on the OMR sheet. These marks may interfere with the machine's ability to read the sheet accurately.
- Double-check the OMR sheet before submitting it. Make sure that the roll number and other personal details are filled correctly, and that all the circles have been filled properly.
- If a mistake is made while filling in the OMR sheet, it can be corrected by erasing the incorrect mark completely and filling in the correct circle. However, too many corrections or smudges can make the sheet difficult to read and may result in a lower score.
- In case of confusion or doubt about a particular question, candidates can mark the question for review and move on to the next question. They can come back to the marked question later, after attempting all other questions.
- It is important to manage time effectively during the exam, and ensure that all questions are attempted within the given time frame.
- Finally, candidates should hand over the OMR sheet to the invigilator only after ensuring that it has been filled correctly and completely.
- By keeping these points in mind, candidates can avoid errors while filling in the OMR sheet and ensure that they receive an accurate score in the NEET exam.
Checkout Important Information on NEET
The NEET 2023 exam will be conducted in multiple languages, including English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Marathi, Odia, Tamil, Telugu, and Urdu. Candidates can choose their preferred language/medium of the paper while filling out the NEET application form.
It is important to note that the question paper will be the same in all languages. The only difference will be in the medium of the paper, i.e., the language in which the questions and instructions will be presented.
Candidates should choose the language in which they are most comfortable and confident. It is advisable to choose a language that they have studied in their Class 10 and Class 12 exams, as it can help them understand and answer the questions more accurately and efficiently.
Candidates should also note that the choice of language/medium cannot be changed once the application form is submitted. Therefore, they should be careful while choosing the language/medium and ensure that it is the most suitable option for them.
the NEET exam pattern is designed to assess the knowledge and skills of candidates aspiring to pursue undergraduate medical and dental courses in India. The exam consists of 180 multiple-choice questions (MCQs) from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (Botany and Zoology), and is conducted in multiple languages.
Candidates should be familiar with the NEET exam pattern to prepare effectively for the exam. They should also be aware of the marking scheme, section-wise distribution of questions, and the important points to remember while marking the OMR sheet. Additionally, candidates should choose the language/medium of the paper that they are most comfortable with.
By understanding the NEET exam pattern, candidates can develop an effective study plan and perform to the best of their abilities in the exam. It is essential to remember that NEET is a highly competitive exam, and success requires hard work, dedication, and thorough preparation.
Overall, the NEET exam pattern is a crucial aspect of the exam, and candidates should ensure that they are well-versed with it to increase their chances of success.
Checkout Other Entrance Exam Information
NEET 2023 Exam Pattern FAQ's
What is the exam pattern of NEET-UG 2023?
What is the duration of the NEET-UG 2023 exam?
What is the marking scheme for the NEET-UG 2023 exam?
What is the qualifying marks for NEET-UG 2023?