In the fast-paced world with advanced technologies, new research in the health sector and medical sciences scope of paramedical technical courses has reached to the next level. If you are interested in the healthcare industry and willing to pursue a career in BSc. Anesthesia, here is all the information that can be helpful.
BSc. Anesthesia Technology Course Information
|Course Name||BSc. Anesthesia Technology|
|Course Duration||3 Years|
|Admission Process||Merit Based / Entrance Exam Based|
|Course Eligibility||Candidate must have passed 10+2 in science stream|
|Course Fees||Ranges from INR. 30,000 to INR. 5,00,000|
|Job Profiles||Anesthesia Technician, Medical consultant, Anesthetist, Associate Consultant.|
|Average Annual Salary||INR 2.5 Lakhs to INR 12.5 Lakhs per annum|
B.Sc. in Anesthesia is an undergraduate medical course where eligible candidates are taught about Anesthesia procedures, assisting doctors during surgery, and Anesthesia equipment. Candidates will learn a theoretical and practical approach to the topics in this course.
Learn about Paramedical Courses after 12th
B.Sc Anesthesia students learn about patient monitoring, anesthetic agents, dose and equipment, Anesthesia techniques and technology, and Anesthesia supplies. In this course, students are trained to support doctors and surgeons during surgery by administering the proper dose of Anesthesia and regulating Anesthesia equipment as needed. After completing this course, students can carry the responsibility of Anesthesia specialist.
Also Read: Pathology Course
B.Sc. Anesthesia is the study of science dealing with helping and monitoring the work of an Anesthesia professional. This undergraduate degree in Anesthesia needs three years and is a full-time course. This course helps students become competent anesthetists and use their knowledge in operating rooms during surgery.
All the information regarding the B.Sc Anesthesia course, including duration, eligibility, fees, admission process, job opportunities, salary, and perks, are listed below.
Learn About: Dental Assistant Course
The BSc. Anesthesia Technology Couse is a three-year graduate course usually divided into six semesters of six months each.
Check out Best BBA Colleges in India
The college you enroll in sets the fee structure for a B. Sc in Anesthesia. Each paramedical institute has its own fee structure, which the managing administration sets. Therefore, tuition at private universities could be slightly higher than at government colleges. The average cost of a B.Sc. in anesthesia is between Rs. 30,000 and Rs. 5,00,000.
Also Read: BSc Cardiovascular Technology
- Anyone who wants to pursue a career in the health sector
- Any candidate who fits into the eligibility criteria for B.Sc Anesthesia
- Unlike MBBS doctors, who are rarely allowed to take time off, B.Sc Anesthesia is the best choice for one who wants to strike a balance between work and personal life.
- If you want to work in a profession to serve others with a satisfying experience, you can choose this course.
Know more about Occupational Therapy Course
The requirements for admission to Anesthesia vary in each college. Some colleges grant admission based on merit, using students' class 10+2 test scores. When the merit is made public, applicants who meet the cutoff can enroll. However, some colleges provide direct admission without entrance exams.
- The candidate may be chosen by direct admission based on their performance in class 10+2. Below are some of the points listed for your reference.
- Students can apply directly to institutions that take merit-based admissions.
- The candidates can go there and fill out the application form with the original documents and its photocopies.
- Candidates can contact the admission department through the phone numbers or email provided on their website.
Also Read: BVoc Course
The core prerequisites are the same, but the eligibility conditions differ based on the college. For your reference, essential eligibility criteria are included below.
- Candidates must have obtained a grade of at least 45% on their 10+2 exam from an accredited board.
- Candidates must have completed their 10+2 course in essential topics like physics, chemistry, and biology.
- Candidates who fall under the Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribes category must have received a grade in class 12 of at least 40% or higher.
Learn about MBA in Hospital Management
The B.Sc. Anesthesia course is quite comprehensive and covers many topics. The B.Sc. Anesthesia course outline is listed below for your convenience.
- General Psychology
- Optional Subjects
- Basic food & nutrition
- Optional subjects
- Optional subjects
- Applied microbiology
- Medicine relevant to Anesthesia technology
- Introduction to Anesthesia technology
- CSSD Procedures
- Applied Pathology
- Clinical Anesthesia technology
- Applied Anesthesia technology
- Clinical training
- Post Anesthesia care unit
- Anesthesia technology- clinic
- Anesthesia technology-applied
- Clinical training
- Advanced Anesthesia technology
- Anesthesia for specialty surgeries
- Regional anesthetic techniques
- Clinical training
Also Read: Biotechnology Course
As a B.Sc Anesthesia graduate, you can find employment at medical facilities such as clinics, hospitals, and research facilities. After completing this course, you qualify for a decent income and other financial perks like a provident fund, rental allowance, travel allowance, insurance cover, etc. You can find employment at both private and public hospitals.
You can also work part-time in nearby hospitals and NGOs to earn experience and extra money. For your reference, the following table lists some career profiles of earnings after a B.Sc. in Anesthesia.
|Job Profile||Annually Salary|
|Anesthesia Technician||2.5 Lacs|
|Anesthesiologist Assistant||12.25 Lacs|
|Clinical Associate||3.5 Lacs|
|Associate Consultant||7.5 Lacs|
Many Indian companies hire people who have earned B.Sc. programs in Anesthesia. Graduates of the B.Sc. Anesthesia are employed based on their educational background and abilities. Following healthcare facilities employ them as professionals.
- Nursing homes
- International and National Healthcare Organizations
- Insurance companies
- Healthcare portal
- Medical IT companies
- Rehabilitation centres
- Consulting firms
- Hospital Supply Firms
Also Read: Physician Assistant Course
BSc. Anesthesia Technology Course FAQ's
What are my career options following a B.Sc. in Anesthesia?
Is the CGPA or % required for a B.Sc. in Anesthesia?
Can I pursue a B.Sc. in Anesthesia after 12th grade?
Are B. Sc Anesthesia graduates equivalent to doctors?