Dialysis Technician: Course, Eligibility, Job and Salary
A dialysis technician helps to carry out regular renal dialysis for kidney patients. Dialysis techs help filter blood and other waste with the help of a machine when the kidneys do not work effectively enough. A dialysis technician is also trained to perform renal and hem dialysis. Along with doctors, they provide supportive care to patients suffering from severe renal disease or end-stage kidney failure.
Dialysis Technician Course Highlights
|Course Name||Dialysis Technician Course|
|Course Level||Diploma / BSc|
|Course Duration||Diploma- 2 Years|
BSc- 3 Years
|Course Eligibility||Passed 10+2 in Science Stream with Minimum 50% marks|
|Course Fee||INR 8,500 to INR 12,00,000|
|Average Salary||INR 1,50,000 - INR 2,00,000/-|
|Areas of Employment||Government & Private Hospitals, Dialysis Clinics, Laboratories, Research Center etc.|
- Hemo-Dialysis- at a clinical setup: blood from your body is pumped into an external machine which filters it and is then sent back to your body via tubes.
- Hemo-Dialysis- at home: similar in function and is recommended for patients who are bedridden and cannot travel to a hospital or clinic.
- Peritoneal Dialysis- in this scenario, the abdominal wall acts as an s natural filter, but this method requires some training on the part of the patient. The patient has to do it times a day, which is a bit inconvenient.
Also Read: Paramedical Courses
A dialysis technician is expected to:
- To provide nursing support and dialysis care to patients
- Examine and prepare dialysis machines
- Collect water sample and dialysate solution
- Prep up the patient for dialysis treatment
- Assist the doctor in monitoring/ testing during dialysis
- Checks dialysis machines regularly and report any
- malfunctions to the concerned authority
- Dialysis specimens transferred if required
- Attend and organize meetings/ workshops related to renal health services.
Also Read: BBA Course
A diploma in dialysis technician is a two-year course divided into four 6-month semesters or two 12 months semesters.
BSc in dialysis technician is a three-year course divided into six semesters.
General subjects to be covered in the dialysis technician course are:
- Patient Information Collection
- Medical Working Environment
- Procedure recording on the medical chart Patient and
- Equipment monitoring Classification, segregation, and collection of waste
- Patient Care and Management
- Computer basics
- Diagnostic testing
- Communicative English
- Overview of Kidneys Functioning
- Kidney Disorders
Check Out: MBA Course Details
The diploma for Dialysis technician is a 2-year course. However, a BSc in Dialysis can be completed in 3 years.
Check Out: Online Paramedical Courses and Certification
Course fees for a diploma in dialysis technician range from 8500/- to 45,000/- depending on the campuses.
Average course fees for BSc courses can range from
Rs.20,000/- to Rs.12,00,000/-
Also Read: Emergency Medical Technician
- Anyone with interest in the field of patient therapy and care
- Any science student interested in paramedical courses
- Any paramedical wanting to specialize in renal dialysis
- Students who want a career in auxiliary medicine
Also Read: BBA Course
- Most colleges and campuses offer dialysis technician courses based on the merit of 10+2 exam results.
- Few colleges have an entrance exam for such courses, and admissions are based on a cutoff score.
Check Out: Biotechnology Course
A diploma or BSc course in dialysis technology requires
- Minimum of 60% marks in physics, chemistry, and biology subjects at the 10+2 level.
- Minimum 50% aggregate in 10+2 from a recognized state/ central board.
- The age group of interested candidates should be between 17-25 years.
Check Out Best MBA Colleges in India
- Procedure Recording
- Functioning of Kidneys
- Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Patient Care Management
- Communication Language
- Central Nervous System
- Structure of a cell
- The Respiratory System
- The Circulatory System
- Reproductive System
- Blood Endocrine System
- The Digestive System
- The Lymphatic System
- Renal Diseases
- Supervising Patient and Machine Dialysis: Procedure and Result
- Liver Diseases and Causes of Malfunction
- History of dialysis
- Principles and types of dialysis
- Precautions before and after dialysis
- Vascular access for dialysis
- Complication and management of complications during dialysis
Also Read: ANM Nursing Course
A dialysis technician can work at multispeciality hospitals, private clinics, renal centres and government clinics. A dialysis technician can work at multispeciality hospitals, private clinics, renal centres and government clinics.
A fresher dialysis technician can help you get a salary of around Rs.1,50,000- Rs.2,00,000/- depending on the institute.
- Chief Dialysis in charge: salary approx 1.8 lakhs pa
- Lab Assistant - 1.5 lakhs onwards pa
- OT assistant - 1.8 lakhs onwards pa
- Medical assistant - 1.72 lakhs pa
- Skill trainer - 2 lakhs pa
- Medical unit supervisor - approx starting 2.5 lakhs pa.
Know More About: Lab Assistant Courses
A dialysis technician can Work at hospitals, multispeciality hospitals, and private and government clinics. A fresher dialysis technician can help you get a salary of around Rs.1,50,000- Rs.2,00,000/- per annum, depending on the institute.
You can also enhance your resume by opting for other paramedical courses or doing a BSc / MSc or PhD in dialysis studies.
Additional on hands hospital and clinic experience can help you get good patin jobs like:
- Chief Dialysis in charge: salary approx 1,80,000
- Lab Assistant - 1.5 lakhs onwards
- OT assistant - 1.8 lakhs onwards
- Medical assistant - 1.72 lakhs
- Skill trainer - 2 lakhs
- Medical unit supervisor- starting 2.5 lakhs
Also Read: Medical Coding Course
Which are some colleges offering diploma in dialysis technician courses in India?
to receive awesome content in your inbox,
We will get back to you in 2-3 days.