Agnipath Scheme and Their Future Scope
Agneepath scheme is an initiative launched by the Government of India to recruit candidates for soldier ranks in the Indian Armed Forces i.e. The Indian Army, The Indian Navy, and The Indian Air Force. The scheme was launched to recruit ‘young talent from the society who are more aligned with contemporary technological trends and send skilled, disciplined and motivated manpower into the society.’ The scheme is already followed in the west where youngsters enroll for service in the armed forces after completion of their school (10/12th) and later go on to join other jobs or higher studies later. The scheme is fit for youngsters who want to contribute and devote themselves to the IAF and come out skilled, disciplined and confident. These individuals are trainable and know how to work in a team, thus can work in any job of their interest.
The scheme entails many benefits for the recruits during and after the scheme. Read on to find out answers to all your queries.
The Agnipath (Agneepath) scheme was introduced by the government of India to recruit candidates as soldiers to serve the nation as Agniveers through enrollment in the Indian Armed Forces (IAF) – Army, Navy, and Air Force. This is a Pan India merit-based recruitment HR management scheme where candidates will be known as Agniveers who will serve in the Armed forces for 4 years including training for six months.
Also Read: Bsc Nursing Course
The young men and women between the age of 17 and a half and 21 years who are eligible for the recruitment will be known as “Agniveers” after clearing all the tests. Their recruitment will either be directly through educational institutions or recruitment rallies and they will serve for a short period of four years without any pension.
Young men and women between the ages of 17-21 years who want to be a part of the Indian Armed Forces i.e. The Army, Navy and Air Force can apply for this scheme. Check out the Eligibility for becoming an Agniveer.
After the completion of their service, i.e. at the end of four years, around 75% of the Agniveers will go back to the society. However, based on organizational requirements and policies circulated by the Indian Armed Forces:
- Agniveers who have exited will be offered an opportunity to apply for enrolment in the IAF in the regular cadre.
- The skills gained by each Agniveer will be presented in the form of a certificate for his resume. PSUs, government agencies, paramilitary forces, and state governments have promised that they would give preference for jobs to Agniveers who complete their four years of service in the Armed Forces.
- 25% of the strength of the specific batch of original Agniveers will be enrolled in the IAF based on performance during their four-year engagement period.
- The Armed Forces (in association with IGNOU) will provide graduation degrees to Agniveers for higher studies after the completion of four years of service.
- They can join job-oriented courses, like their background, it will cater to the required skill sets and paired with a degree/diploma they can get a decent job with a good pay scale. You can check out healthcare courses that are job-oriented here.
|Year||Package (Monthly)||In Hand (70%)||Contribution to Agniveer Corpus Fund (30%)||Contribution to Corpus Fund by GoI|
|1st Year||Rs. 30000||Rs. 21000||Rs. 9000||Rs. 9000|
|2nd Year||Rs. 33000||Rs. 23100||Rs. 9900||Rs. 9900|
|3rd Year||Rs. 36500||Rs. 25580||Rs. 10950||Rs. 10950|
|4th Year||Rs. 40000||Rs. 28000||Rs. 12000||Rs. 12000|
|Total contribution after four years||Rs. 5.02 Lakh||Rs. 5.02 Lakh|
|Exit After 4 Year||Rs. 11.71 Lakh as SevaNidhi Package|
Visit the official site ->
- www.joinindiannavy.gov.in for Indian Navy
- https://indianairforce.nic.in/agniveer/ for Indian Airforce
- https://indianairforce.nic.in/agniveer/ for Indian Army
- Register using a valid email-id and mobile number.
- Fill in the online form with all the relevant details.
- Upload the required certificates or documents.
- Verify the details before applying.
- Click on “Submit”
- Take a printout of the Application.
The Seva Nidhi package will be a one-time payment of Rs. 11.71 Lakh at the end of the term of Agniveer. This package will be exempted from Income Tax and will be paid as a one-time amount after 4 years of service of an Agniveer.
|Online Registrations||July 1, 2022|
|IAF Agniveer Vayu Online Form Date 2022||24th June 2022|
|Last Date for IAF Agniveer Vayu Apply Online 2022||5th July 2022|
|Detailed Notification for Agniveer 2022||July 9, 2022|
|Application form start date||July 15, 2022|
|Application form last date||July 30, 2022|
|Examination and Physical Fitness Test||Mid October 2022|
|Medical Screening and Joining at INS Chilka||Commencing from November 21, 2022|
|S.No.||Name of the post|
|2||Agniveer (MR) – Chef|
|3||Agniveer (MR) – Steward|
|4||Agniveer (MR) – Hygienist|
|1||Agniveer (General Duty)|
|3||Agniveer Tech (Avn & Amn Examiner)|
|4||Agniveer Clerk / Store Keep|
|5||Agniveer Tradesmen (10th pass)|
|6||Agniveer Tradesmen (8th pass)|
|Indian Air Force|
|1||Indian Air Force|
In this post, Agniveer will become part of a highly technical Organization. They will serve in powerful, modern ships such as Aircraft Carriers, Guided Missile Destroyers and Frigates, Replenishment Ships and highly technical and fascinating submarines and aircraft.
Qualified in 10+2 examination with Mathematics, Physics and at least one of these subjects: Chemistry/Biology/Computer Science from an educational board recognized by the Ministry of Education, Govt. of India.
As the chef, Agniveer will be required to prepare food according to the menu (vegetarian and non-vegetarian which includes handling of meat products), as well as an accounting of ration. Apart from that, Agniveers will be trained in firearms and will be allotted other duties for the efficient running of the organization.
Agniveers would serve food in the Officers’ messes as waiters, and housekeeping staff and they will be responsible for the accounting of funds, wine and stores, preparation of menu etc. They will also be trained in firearms and will be allotted other duties for the efficient running of the organization.
As hygienists, Agniveers will be required to maintain hygiene in wash-rooms and other areas. In addition, they will also be trained in firearms and will be allotted other duties for the efficient running of the organization.
Candidates must have passed the Matriculation Examination from the Boards of School Education recognised by the Ministry of Education, Govt. of India.
The selection for the Agniveer Recruitment 2022 will be based on the following stages:
- Physical Standard Test
- Physical Measurement Test
- Medical Test
- Written Test through Common Entrance Examination (CEE)
- Document Verification
The age for Agniveer candidates should be between 17½ -21* years on the day of enrolment.
*A one-time relaxation of the upper age limit up to 23 years has been granted for the Agniveer 2022 batch only.
Candidates selected as Agniveers will undergo Basic Training at INS Chilka followed by Professional training in the allotted trade in various Naval Training Establishments. Branch / Trade will be allotted as per the requirement of the service.
The Armed forces will maintain an online database of all Agniveers and will follow a common and transparent assessment process. Skills attained by all Agniveers will be recorded systematically and broad and universal guidelines will be framed before the appointment of the first batch of Agniveers.
Also Read: Paramedical Courses
Women cannot apply in the Indian Army, as they will only pick up male recruits, but the Indian Navy and Indian Air Force will recruit women candidates also as Agniveers.
In exceptional cases, the Competent Authority may allow the candidate to leave on a case-to-case basis but, as per the regulations, they will not be allowed to leave before completing their tenure of four years. In the case of Agniveers exiting before the end of their engagement period at their request, the ‘Seva Nidhi‘ package will only comprise their contribution including accrued interest thereon.
Yes, Life insurance cover of ?48 lakhs for the duration of their engagement period as Agniveers will be provided by the Indian Armed Forces.
Compensation for the death of Agniveers will be provided to the Next of Kin (NOK)
- Insurance cover of ?48 lakhs or as applicable
- All other compensation according to the categories mentioned below:
Category X: It includes death due to natural causes neither attributed nor aggravated by military service during the engagement period.
Category Y: It includes death due to causes which are accepted as attributable to or aggravated by military service or due to accident/mishaps in the performance of duties including training during the engagement period.
Category Z: It includes death during the engagement period, due to acts of violence/ attack by terrorists, anti-social elements, enemy, during border skirmishes, war, peacekeeping operations, aid to civil power etc; and during operational preparation and training for war including battle inoculation training exercises and accidental deaths due to natural calamities operations specially notified by the Govt. etc.
|S.No.||Category||Entitlement of Agniveer|
|1||Death during engagement period on Bonafide duty (Category ‘Y/Z’)||(i) Insurance cover of Rs. 48 lakh from Public Fund(ii) One-time ex-gratia Rs. 44 lakhs from Public fund(iii) Full pay for unserved period upto four years (with effect from date of death) including Seva Nidhi component.(iv) Balance accumulated (as on date) in the individual’s Seva Nidhi fund and Govt contribution including interest from the Agniveer Corpus Fund.|
|2||Death during engagement period not on duty (Category ‘X’)||(i) Insurance Cover of Rs. 48 lakhs from Public Fund.(ii) Balance accumulated (as on date) in the individual’s Seva Nidhi fund and Govt contribution including interest from the Agniveer Corpus Fund.|
In case an Agniveer is disabled or faces a functional incapacity during his tenure, they will be placed in Permanent Low Medical Category (LMC) and the compensation will be assessed by the authorities based on the percentage of disability and the compensation will be:
Disability (attributed/ aggravated due to condition of engagement):
- One-time ex-gratia Rs. 44/25/15 Lakhs based on % of disability (100/75/50) from Public Fund.
- (ii) Full pay for an unserved period of up to four years (with effect from the date of the disability) including the Seva Nidhi component (from the Public fund).
- (iii) Balance accumulated (as of date) in the individual’s Seva Nidhi fund including interest and Govt contribution from the Agniveer Corpus Fund.
Also Read: Medical Lab Technician
|S.No.||Percentage of disability as finally accepted||Percentage of disability compensation|
|Between 20% and 49%||50%|
|Between 50% and 75%||75%|
|Between 76% and 100%||100%|
Agniveers would be dedicated confident individuals after coming out of their term of service i.e. 4 years. These men/women would have acquired enhanced skill sets and would provide a high status in the society owing to their training, discipline and background. So the 75% of Agniveers can choose multiple occupations such as:
- They can choose job-oriented courses according to their interest.
- They can pursue a career in healthcare via Paramedical courses: These courses are job-oriented short-term courses that help the individual earn decent pay, the professional can opt for Degree courses such as B.Voc (in OTT and MLT) or can pursue Diploma courses in various programs. Check out the paramedical courses provided at Virohan.
- Agniveers can join PSUs, government agencies, paramilitary forces, and state governments as they have promised job preference to Agniveers who complete their four years of service in the Armed Forces.
- Agniveers can apply for enrolment in the regular cadre of IAF.
to receive awesome content in your inbox,
We will get back to you in 2-3 days.