India is home of largest population of children in world. It’s estimated that there are 500 million children in India. Every year more children are born in India than any other part of world. Estimated births per year in India are 27 millions which accounts for 20 percent of total births is globally. But out of those 1.83 millions die before their fifth birthday due to poor health care facilities for children.
In India 20 per cent of children under-five years of age suffer from wasting due to acute undernutrition.
More than one third of the world’s children who are wasted live in India.
Forty three per cent of Indian children under five years are underweight and 48 per cent (i.e. 61 million children) are stunted due to chronic undernutrition,
India accounts for more than 30 percent of stunted children in the world.
70 percent children age 6 – 59 months are anaemic.
There are only 25 odd thousand Pediatricians to take care of 500 million children thus there is a huge shortage of trained healthcare professionals in child care.
Apply For Virohan Institute
- Interactive Video Sessions by Renowned Specialists
- Online Simulation Training for better Understanding
- Content designed by Highly Experienced Faculties
- One-to-One Mentorship by an expert for any course related assistance.
- Ease of Studying from Anywhere, Anytime
Module 1 -
- Essential Newborn Care
- Breastfeeding and Lactation Counselling
Module 2 -
- Nutritional Requirements and malnutrition
- Assessment of Nutritional Status & Nutritional Deficiency Disorders
- Iron Deficiency Anemia
Module 3 -
- Respiratory Distress in Children
- Febrile Seizure & Seizure Disorder
- Recurrent Abdominal Pain
Module 4 -
- Infectious Diseases (Exanthematous Fevers/Malaria, Enteric Fever & Childhood TB)
- Gastro-Intestinal/Parasitic/Genito-Urinary Diseases (Diarrhea/ Nephrotic Symdrome/UTI)
Module 5 -
- Respiratory Disorders/Cardiovascular Diseases ( URTI/Bronchiolitis/Asthma/ Hypertension/ Ac Rheumatic Fever)
- Haematological Conditions
Module 6 -
- Neurology and Developmental/Behavioural Paediatrics
What is the Duration of Course?
The Course in for 6 Months, divided in to two modules of three Months each.
What is the Eligibility Criteria?
The candidate should have completed their MBBS. Those undergoing their Internship can also apply for the course on Conditional Basis.
What is the Teaching Methodology?
The course deliverables include E-Books, Handouts, Pre-recorded video lectures, Images & Animations are provided, Online Simulation Training, Live Video Sessions.
What is the Examination pattern?
A module exam is conducted by the end of each module through MCQs. The final examination is through MCQs and a Viva.
Is this Course MCI Approved?
No, The MCI does not provide recognition to Online Short term courses since they have their set parameter. Having said that, all our courses will help you to gain better and in-depth knowledge about the specialization.
Do you provide Placements?
We do not guarantee the placement besides we provide our assistance to find out the suitable profile and lining up the interview.
Online Simulation Training Providers