With a staggering deficit of practising gynaecologists & obstetricians, India inevitably falls short of meeting the Millennium Development Goal which defines to curb the maternal mortality rate to 1:1000.
It is a matter of grave concern that every hour one maternal life is lost due to complications arising from child birth or during the period of child bearing. In light of such dearth of skilled hands in the area of women’s health, it becomes a viable effort to train MBBS graduates in short-term courses (6-12 months) in practice of gynaecology & obstetrics to improvise the grave situation and increase the number of trained doctors that deal with women’s health.
The “Fellowship in Gynaecology & Obstetrics” is designed for medical practitioners who have been exposed to preliminary training in obstetrics & skills in gynaecology cases. The interactive, simulation based training modules, supplemented with study material to develop the theoretical knowledge base, is aimed to impart the learner necessary knowledge to undertake non-complex obstetric cases & gynaecological procedures safely.
Apply For Virohan Institute
- Interactive Video Sessions by Renowned Specialists
- Online Simulation Training for better Understanding
- Content designed by Highly Experienced Faculties
- One-to-One Mentorship by an expert for any course related assistance.
- Ease of Studying from Anywhere, Anytime
Module 1 -
- Diagnosis of Pregnancy
- Antenatal care
- Medical Termination of Pregnancy
- Medical Disorders Complicating Pregnancy
Module 2 -
- Anemia in Pregnancy
- Anatomy & Physiology of normal labour
- Management of Normal labour
- Normal Puerperium & Post natal care
- Complications in Early Pregnancy
- Complications in Late Pregnancy
Module 3 -
- Abnormal labour
- Third stage labour complications
- Abnormal Puerperiu
- Concepts in Gynaecology
- Common Gynaecological problems
Module 4 -
- Issues in Adoloscent gynaecology
- RTI’s & STI’s
- Family Planning
What is the Duration of Course?
The course duration is of around 364 Days, divided into three blocks
What is the Eligibility Criteria?
The candidate should have completed their MBBS. Those undergoing their Internship can also apply for the course on Conditional Basis.
What is the Teaching Methodology?
The course deliverables include E-Books, Handouts, Pre-recorded video lectures, Images & Animations are provided, Online Simulation Training, Live Video Sessions.
What is the Examination pattern?
A module exam is conducted by the end of each module through MCQs. The final examination is through MCQs and a Viva.
Is this Course MCI Approved?
No, The MCI does not provide recognition to Online Short term courses since they have their set parameter. Having said that, all our courses will help you to gain better and in-depth knowledge about the specialization.
Do you provide Placements?
We do not guarantee the placement besides we provide our assistance to find out the suitable profile and lining up the interview.
Online Simulation Training Providers