D Pharmacy is a short-term course or a diploma to qualify as an assistant pharmacist. It is a good choice for people who want to enter the field of pharmacy in a shorter time. It is also a good foundation before pursuing B Pharm and M Pharm.
Download Virohan myCareer App for Paramedical Courses
D Pharmacy Course Information
|Course Full Form||Diploma in Pharmacy|
|Course Duration||2 Years|
|Age Eligibility||Minimum age limit is 17 years|
|Minimum Qualification||10+2 (From any recognized Board)|
|Selection Process||Merit-Based/ Entrance Exam|
|Subjects Required||10+2 examination with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects along with Mathematics or Biology|
|Course Fees||Rs.10,000 to Rs.2,00,000 INR depending on various colleges and universities|
|Salary Offered||2 lakhs to 7 lakhs depending upon the type of field you pursue after doing this course.|
|Employment Roles||Hospital Pharmacist, Community Pharmacist, Production Chemist, Production Technician, Medical Representative, Pharmaceutical Wholesaler.|
D Pharmacy Students work under the guidance of a licensed pharmacist in pharmacies, hospitals, and community pharmacies. They also need to work as a product analyst in pharmaceutical-related fields.
Also Read: Paramedical Courses
The D Pharmacy is a two-year diploma course available in various government and private colleges in India.
- Candidates should pass 10th or 12th standard with a minimum of 35 to 50% marks, including subjects like chemistry, physics, biology, and maths.
- The fees for the D Pharmacy course range from 10,000 to 2 lakhs depending upon the college and university.
- There is an ever-growing scope in the healthcare and pharmaceutical industry after doing D Pharmacy.
- The annual salary packages after D Pharmacy ranges from 2 lakhs to 7 lakhs depending upon the type of field you pursue after doing this course.
- You can also opt for B Pharmacy (Bachelor's degree) or M Pharma (Masters) after doing D Pharmacy to enhance your knowledge, skills, and resume.
Check out General Duty Assistant
The D Pharmacy course is of two years duration in most colleges and universities.
In India, the course fees for D Pharm range between 10,000 to 2,00,000 INR depending on various colleges and universities
Some of the approximate college fees for a D Pharmacy are mentioned below (as per 2021 figures):
- Jamia Hamdard University, New Delhi 80,000/-INR
- MCOPS, Manipal 60,000/-
- JSS College of Pharmacy, Udagamandala 55,400/-
- Annamalai University, Chidambaram 16,380/-
Also Read: B Voc Courses
The minimum eligibility for D Pharm is passing 10th or 12th standard exams from any recognized board or university. In addition, the candidate should be qualified in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Maths.
Also Read: BBA Course
The admissions for D Pharm are based on the following:
- Merit Bases- Good marks in 10th or 12th standard with Science and Maths
- Entrance Exams- GPAT, JEE Pharmacy, GUJCET, MHCET, UPSEE, BITSAT.
Also Read: BSc Radiology Course
- Students enrolling for this course should be of the minimum age of 17 years and have passed 10th/ 12th standard with a minimum of 50% marks.
- They should have passed 10/12th with Maths, Physics, Chemistry, and biology as compulsory subjects.
- 10% consolation is granted to students from reserved categories (SC, ST, OBC, etc.)
D Pharmacy course structure and curriculum topics covered in years 1 and 2 are as follows.
Pharmaceutical Chemistry 1
Pharmaceutical Chemistry 2
Pharmacology and Toxicology
Drug Store Business Management
Hospital Clinical Pharmacy
Also Read: X-ray Technician Courses
After doing a D pharmacy, you can work as:
|JOB OPTIONS||APPROX SALARY RANGE (PA)|
|Scientific Officer||2 - 3 lakhs|
|Production Executive in a pharmaceutical company||6 - 7 lakhs|
|Medical Transcriptionist||2.4 - 3 lakhs|
|Analytical Chemist||4 - 4.5 lakhs|
|Pathology lab scientist||3 - 3.5 lakhs|
|Research and Development Executive||5 - 6 lakhs|
|Research Officer||3 - 3.6 lakhs|
|Assistant Pharmacist||2 - 3 lakhs|
There are several job opportunities after doing a Dpharm in the healthcare sector like;
- Job at a pharmacy
- Opening your pharmacy
- Assistant pharmacist
- Pharmacy manager
- Scientific officer
- Research officer
- Research and development executive
- Path lab scientist
- Analytical chemist
- Medical transcriptionist
- Production Executive
- Medicine safety manager
- It is also an excellent foundational course for candidates seeking to do Bpharm or Mpharm later.
D pharmacy can be an excellent choice to enter the healthcare sector of pharmacy. You can easily enroll for the entrance tests of several colleges online. The Pharmaceutical industry is proliferating, and completing a D pharmacy can be your chance to open lucrative career options. Several government colleges and private campuses.
Also Read: Medical Terminology
D Pharmacy FAQs
Do I need to work fixed hours after doing D Pharmacy?
Which are some excellent government colleges for D Pharmacy in India?
Which course is better, B pharmacy or D pharmacy?