BBA in Hospital Administration: Course, Eligibility, Details, Job and Salary
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) in Hospital Administration or Hospital Management is an undergraduate program designed to equip students with the knowledge and skills necessary to manage and operate healthcare facilities efficiently. This program is aimed at providing students with a comprehensive education that covers the key principles of healthcare management, with a strong emphasis on business administration. With an increasing demand for quality healthcare services, there is a growing need for professionals with a deep understanding of the business side of healthcare. Students will learn about the various functions involved in managing a healthcare organization, including finance, marketing, operations, and ethics. With the knowledge and skills acquired through this program, graduates will be well-equipped to take on leadership roles in a variety of healthcare organizations and make a positive impact on the delivery of quality healthcare services.
|BBA HA Full Form
|Bachelor of Business Administration in Hospital Administration
|UGC (Kalinga University)
|Regular offline mode
|Passed 10+2 with any stream, and a minimum of 50% aggregate
|Private Hospitals, Clinical Laboratories, Pathology Labs, Medical Colleges and Institutions
BHA as a course stands out for being the only medical course with management specializations. The course is pursued by a lot of candidates simply because there is:
Demand: BBA in Hospital Management is an all rounder course as it explores all the subjects in-depth. The course offers ample job opportunities in India and globally
Career Growth: After pursuing a bachelor’s degree the student has two options – either he can pursue a Master of Hospital Administration [MHA] degree or get placed as the job allows the person to put the subject’s knowledge to practical use.
A BBA in Hospital Administration [BHA] degree focuses on developing an individual’s personality as well.
Also Read: BBA Course
The admission process for Undergraduate level Hospital Administration course is very simple:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of the institute that offers BBA in Hospital Administration [BHA] Course
- Step 2: Scroll to the admission section and fill out the application/ registration form
- Step 3: The registration form can also be filled by visiting the college premises directly or asking the admission counselor for help in filling it out
- Step 4: Once the registration form is uploaded the candidate can pay the registration fee to process the admission
- Step 5: Some institutes often conduct entrance examinations or interviews for the selection process, in such a case the admission will be processed only for the selected candidates.
- Step 6: Once all the conditions are met, your admission will be confirmed.
Also Read: Paramedical Courses after 12th
The BBA in hospital management eligibility varies from institution to institution, however the minimum criteria is to be a 12th pass student who has scored at least 50% marks in his/her class 12th. The age limit for admission is no bar for most of the institutions and there often no entrance exam associated with the course, but many universities have their own entrance examination or interview rounds for the selection process. The stream with which the student has passed 12th often becomes a barrier but some institutions select students from any stream i.e. science, commerce and arts based on their potential.
Also Read: Medical Lab Technician Course
The course fee for BBA in Hospital Administration program is typically between Rs. 30,000-3,00,000 depending on the type of institution that offers the course, whether it is government or private.
B.Voc in Hospital Administration from Kalinga University powered by Virohan costs 2,97,000 for the entire duration of the course.
Also Read: B Voc Courses
At Virohan the technical courses are covered in the 18 month duration which includes ELPSL classes i.e. soft skills training and english language classes. Checkout the full syllabus that Virohan offers for BBA in hospital and healthcare management:
Technical Course Syllabus:
- Basics of Front Desk Coordination
- Basics of Health, Hospital and Healthcare Delivery System
- Hospital Services and Communication
- Medical Law and Ethics
- Hospital Waste and Disaster Management
- Basics of Economics
- Accounting and Financial Management
- Hospital Information System
- Billing and Insurance
- Inventory Management
- Sales and Marketing
- Basic Grammar
- Grooming and Hygiene
- Communication Skills
- Team work
- Time Management
- Self confidence
- Decision making
- Work ethics
- Student life to work life transition expectation setting
- Resume Writing
- Email Etiquette
- Interview Skills
- Job Portals
Also Read: OT Technician Course
The career growth opportunity for an undergraduate follows a career path:
A hospital administrator must possess multidisciplinary conceptual skills to protect the staff and clients from unnecessary litigation. They are concerned with human resource development, quality and risk management, environment conservation, product diversification, marketing, and logistic emergency management.
The job requirements for a Hospital Administrator are:
- Successful past record of efficient and effective management.
- Professional par excellence, committed to task.
- Possess high degree of conceptual skills and creative mind.
- Ability to direct the subordinates in goal achievement.
- Poses mental robustness and adequate tactfulness.
- Have an attitude to change in changing circumstances and time situations.
- Demonstrate a code of ethics within the organization.
- Can withstand the adverse criticism and is able to take appropriate measures.
- Clear and realistic goal setting Keen in professional growth
Hospital Administration course helps the student acquire skills such as:
- Managerial skill
- Marketing skill
- Business skill
- Finance & budgeting
- Leadership skills
- Interpersonal skill
- Conflict management skills
- Negotiating skills
- Planning & decision-making skills
- Innovative skill
Must Read: Medical Terminology
Bachelors in Hospital Administration [BHA] course offers a salary range of 20,000-30,000 to it’s students after the successful completion of the course.
At Virohan, Students can start earning right after the 18 months theory owing to the availability of paid internships with a stipend and can start a permanent job at renowned hospitals after the successful completion of the course. The average salary ranges between Rs. 20,000 to 40,000 per month
Also Read: Medical Coding Course
After pursuing the bachelor of hospital administration course the student becomes self motivated to either join a hospital and start working or enroll for higher education which might include Masters of Hospital Administration.
To know more about the Masters of Hospital Administration course
Hope this article helps, if you have any doubts or suggestions please feel free to reach out to us or simply comment below
Also Read: BBA Colleges in India
to receive awesome content in your inbox,
We will get back to you in 2-3 days.